We all know the time of the year, spring is coming and the days grow longer and longer, brighter and warmer and the travel bug sets in, you’re ready to explore after the long winter hibernation that the UK systematically heads into in December each year.
There are so many different things that you need to think about when heading off on a road trip to ensure that it is fun filled and problem less. Not only the destination needs to be considered, but the health of your car, the one that will be carting you place to place – hopefully reliably.
4 Questions To Ensure Your Car Is Ready For The Journey
- What is the weather like where you are going to be driving?
- How many miles are you going to be driving and are you comfortable with driving that much?
- Have you got an action plan in place if you were to break down? (AA Membership)
- Is your car serviced and physically able to handle the distance?
At The Bangor Tyre Company, we provide a number of free checks and a wide range of services that will ensure your car is prepared for the journey and won’t cause you anything issues that ruin your road trip.
The 6 Essential Fluids
- Engine Oil (checked every 1,000 to 3,000 miles) – replace the filter each time.
- Engine Coolant (overheating can occur if this is low) – especially in hot weather.
- Brake Fluid (change around every 24,000 miles)
- Power Steering Fluid (replace annually to extend life)
- Transmission Fluid (check manufacturer’s scheduled maintenance)
- Washer Fluid (for a safe driving experience during weather changes)
Tyres Bangor Can Rely On
At Bangor Tyres, we ensure that your tyres are in tip top shape and will last, saving you money and keeping you safe on the road.
- Air Pressure (check every 1000 miles) -always keep a visual eye too.
- Rotation (every 5,000 – 8,000 miles)
- Condition (check for noticeable damage)
- Wheel Alignment (extend tyre life as well as fuel mileage)
- Brake Pads (start to wear thin at 25,000 – 50,000 miles)
- Air Filters (replace every 10,000 to 15,000 miles)
- Light Bulbs (check all lights before driving)
- Belts and Hoses (get a quick check over for any cracks or fraying)
- Battery (check and clean corrosive build-up if 2 + years)
Stop by The Bangor Tyre Company for all of your vehicle maintenance and tyre needs to ensure that you are ready for your road trip. We also carry out free checks, so call by and ask any of our friendly team to inspect your car and let’s make 2022 a safe year on the road.